Below is our current list of trail work volunteer opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you see an opportunity below that you or your group would like to work on.
- Section 13: rake / kick rocks, trim vegetation.
- Royal Gorge Park: install trail sign post and signs at One Track Mind and RGRR access road and near trestles
- Royal Gorge Park: rake rocks on several trails
- Royal Gorge Park: repair horse damage, particularly on One Track Mind
- South Cañon: install 'Park Head In" signs in Eagle Wing Trailhead, relocate parking stops
- South Cañon: repair horse damage on ReCycle, Hard Time, Redemption and Mutton Bustin'
- South Cañon: repair kiosk in Eagle Wing Trailhead
- Hogbacks: complete switchback build on Dakota Ridge trail
- All areas: install 'do not use trails when muddy' signs (signs should be in soon)
- All areas: install protective caps on top of all 4"x4" sign posts (we'll provide materials; this would be a good scout or similar group project and could be expanded into a data base project with photos, GPS coordinates etc. of each sign post; also has the benefit of the group visiting all sign posts in the Oil Well Flats, South Cañon, and Royal Gorge trail systems)
As always, general trash pickup and small loose rock removal is always welcomed and encouraged. If you see anything that needs attention, or have other ideas for maintenance work please email email@example.com and we'll add it to the list or help you get the tools and/or direction you need to address the issue. Thanks!
Recently completed volunteer work:
- 2020-01-26; trash clean up on BLM road 6182 (unfortunately there is more to do here)
- 2020-01-25; TV pickup from Section 13 Trailhead
- 2020-01-24; drainage crossing work on MOOve Over
- 2019-12-21; tread/corner enhancements and horse damage repair on Mutton Bustin'
- 2019-12-14; tread/corner enhancements and horse damage repair on Mutton Bustin'
- 2019-11-30; replaced the vandalized Unconformity sign at the Fire Canyon Trailhead
- 2019-11-30; scrub oak trimming on Island In The Sky trail
- 2019-11-29; replaced the vandalized sign at top of The Great Escape.
- 2019-11-24; couches, fire ring, and other junk removed from The Great Escape Trailhead
- 2019-11-23; downed tree cut out of Island in the Sky (Oil Well Flats). Thanks Vicki & crew.