Below is our current list of trail work volunteer opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you see an opportunity below that you or your group would like to work on.
- Section 13: trim scrub oak (all trails)
- Royal Gorge Park: install trail sign post and signs at One Track Mind and RGRR access road
- Royal Gorge Park: rake rocks on several trails
- Royal Gorge Park: repair horse damage, particularly on One Track Mind
- South Cañon: install 'Park Head In" signs in Eagle Wing Trailhead, relocate parking stops
- South Cañon: repair horse damage on ReCycle, Hard Time, Redemption and Mutton Bustin'
- Hogbacks: complete switchback build on Dakota Ridge trail
As always, general trash pickup and small loose rock removal is always welcomed and encouraged. If you see anything that needs attention, or have other ideas for maintenance work please email email@example.com and we'll add it to the list or help you get the tools and/or direction you need to address the issue. Thanks!
Recently completed volunteer work:
- 2019-11-23; downed tree cut out of Island in the Sky (Oil Well Flats). Thanks Vicki & crew.
- 2019-11-29; replaced the vandalized sign at top of The Great Escape.
- 2019-11-30; scrub oak trimming on Island In The Sky trail
- 2019-11-30; replaced the vandalized Unconformity sign at the Fire Canyon Trailhead
- 2019-11-??; couches, fire ring, and other junk removed from The Great Escape Trailhead